Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts
The Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts program is a 60 credit Undergraduate degree available both on campus and fully online. The program is designed specifically for the person who has an interest in a liberal arts education and wants to work towards a Bachelor’s degree at a future date.
The A.A. program requires an understanding of theology, philosophy, humanities, social science, mathematics and the physical sciences.
Below are the core courses for the A.A. in Liberal Arts at Holy Apostles:
- PAS 161 Catechism I
- PAS 162 Catechism II
- PHH 301 History of Ancient Philosophy
- PHH 304 History of Medieval Philosophy
- ENG 131 Poetry
- ENG 151 Drama
- ENG 181 Research and Writing
- ENG 221 Novel, Short Stories & Literary Research
- HIS 101 Western Civilization I
- HIS 102 Western Civilization II
- PSY 200 Psychology
- SCM 101 Mathematics among the Liberal Arts
- SCM 201 Physics, SCM220 Chemistry Or SCM 301 Anatomy and Physiology
A candidate for the A.A. in Liberal Arts is required to complete all course work detailed in the degree plan. The specific degree requirements for the Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts may be found in the Degree Plan below.
Are Transfer Credits Accepted for the A.A. Program?
A maximum of thirty credit hours with a grade of C or higher will be accepted for transfer into the program, provided credits are from accredited colleges, have not already been used for an A.A. degree or higher, and are applicable to the A.A. degree.
Acceptance of transfer credits is at the discretion of the Academic Dean. Of accepted transfer credits, only nine may be in a student’s area of concentration. There is a six year time limit from entry into the program for completion of the degree requirements.
How Do I Apply?
Applicants for the A.A. program should follow the Undergraduate Admissions procedures. Applicants must be able to show proficiency in both English and Mathematics, either evidenced by previous college experience or by proficiency exam.
Please contact Mrs. Taylor Riso, Director of Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Are Available Career Paths With This Degree?
Dr. Cynthia Toolin-Wilson
Online Deparment Chairs
A.A. Liberal Arts – Prof. Cynthia Gniadek
A.A. Religious Studies – Dr. Marianne Siegmund
A.A. Theology – Dr. J. Marianne Seigmund
On Campus Department Chairs
A.A. Liberal Arts – Dr. Angelyn Arden
A.A. Theology – Dr. Dawn Eden Goldstein
For a full listing of our Theology faculty, please visit Faculty Listing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it take to complete the Associate of Arts degree?
- The Associate of Arts degree program may be completed as quickly as 1.3 years when taking advantage of our Summer semester. There is a 3 year time limit from entry into the program for completion of the degree requirements.
Is the program flexible for working individuals?
- Our 100% online courses provide the flexibility for working or busy individuals.
Are Holy Apostles Faculty faithful to the Magisterium?
- All members of the faculty must be approved by the bishop in order to ensure fidelity to the magisterium.