Dr. Maciej Bazela is a full-time professor of Political & Social Environment at IPADE Business School. He is Adjunct Director at the Center for Institutional Governance at IPADE. He runs Applied Ethics Solutions, an independent consulting boutique which specializes in business ethics, bioethics and responsible finance. He holds Doctorate in Philosophy, Master in Bioethics, and Licentiate in Philosophy from the Pontifical University Regina Apostolorum (Italy). He has also obtained the Essential Pathways Certificate from the Responsible Investment Academy (Australia) and Good Clinical Practice Certificate from Infonetica Ltd (UK).
He used to work as Analyst for Socially Responsible Investment. He taught business ethics at the Cameron School of Business at the University of Saint Thomas in Houston. He lives in Mexico City. He has been collaborating with Holy Apostles College & Seminary since August 2012 where he teaches natural law, business ethics and general ethics to long distance students.
D1 Top Management Program, IPADE Business School (2015)
International Faculty Program, IESE Business School (2014)
Ph.D., Pontifical University Regina Apostolorum, Rome, Italy (2008)
- Master in Bioethics, Pontifical University Regina Apostolorum, Rome, Italy (2004)
- Licentiate in Philosophy, Pontifical University Regina Apostolorum, Rome, Italy (2004)
- Essential Pathways Certificate, Responsible Investment Academy, Sydney, Australia (2011)
- Good Clinical Practice Certificate, Infonetica, London, UK (2011)
- Ethical reasoning and justice, Harvard University – edX (2013)
- Generating the wealth of nations, University of Melbourne – Coursera (2013)
- The law of the European Union, University of Laiden – Coursera (2013)
- Microeconomics Principles, University of Illinois – Coursera (2013)
- Foundations of Business Strategy, Darden Business School – Coursera (2013)
- The relevance of Thomas Aquinas’ moral philosophy for business management, Ethics eJournal, vol. 6, no. 106: July 9th 2013
- Five Questions about SRI – Weekly Expert Interview with Maciej Bazela, Founder, Applied Ethics Solutions, Houston, Texas, United States of America – September 14, 2012
- Corporate complicity in human rights violations. When is it time to leave a country?, Informacion Filosofica, vol. VIII (2011), num. 17, pp. 55-72.
- The meaning of life together & interrelationship in business, in A. Aquilar (ed.), Life together. Science, philosophy and theology on the relational character of living beings, Libreria Editrice Vaticana (2011), 130-148.
- Sustainable consumption. Towards a new economic humanism, IF Press, Rome 2011.
- Il fondamento antropologico per una societa’ piu’ sostenibile e le sue derivazioni etiche ed economiche, in V. De Luca – J. Stiglitz – M. MacCormick (edd.), Capitalismo prossimo venturo. Etica, regole, prassi, Egea, Milan 2010, p. 182-192.
- Customer satisfaction: the weakest link of business ethics, Informacion Filosofica, vol.VII (2010), n.14, pp.1-9.