Graduate Certificate in Catholic Pastoral Counseling for Mental Health Professionals
Catholic Pastoral Counseling Overview
If you are a faithful, practicing Catholic who is also either a professional psychologist, clinical social worker, counselor, marriage and family therapist or other state-licensed mental health professional, the Holy Apostles fully online Graduate Certificate in Catholic Pastoral Counseling can help you meet this growing, unmet need for Catholic-integrated mental health services.
Thirty-Four percent of Catholics in the US would prefer to receive counseling from a therapist who was knowledgeable about their faith and knew how to employ faith-based techniques in their clinical work. That’s almost 25 million potential consumers of mental health services whose needs are not being met by available community and church-based mental health resources.
The Graduate Professional Certificate in Catholic Pastoral Counseling for Mental Health Professionals is an 18 credit hour, online certificate program that requires the completion of the follow courses:
- PAS 602 Fundamentals of Practical Theology (Every)
- PAS 641 Methods in Counseling (Fall)
- PAS 791 Morals and Psychology (Summer)
- PAS 785 Pastoral Issues Concerning Human Sexuality (Fall, Spring)
- PAS 720 Nurturing the Domestic Church: Facilitating Authentic Marriage, Family Life and Spirituality (Fall, Summer)
- PAS 660 Thanatology (Fall, Summer)
How Do I Apply?
Applicants for the Certificate program should follow the Graduate Admissions procedures.
Dr. Marianne Siegmund
For a full listing of our faculty, please visit Faculty Listing.