Send all application information to:
Holy Apostles College & Seminary
Director of Seminary Admissions
33 Prospect Hill Road
Cromwell, CT 06416-2005
- Applicants for the M.Div. program should follow the Seminary Division Admissions Procedures
- Applicants for the M.Div. program must have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university and 24 credits in 8 pre-requisite philosophy courses as given in the Theology program requirements as described in the academic catalog.
In cases where an applicant has been a seminarian in another accredited theologate, 60 graduate credits with at least a “C” grade may be transferred toward the M.Div. degree.
Those applicants seeking admission to the seminary program must furnish:
- A completed and signed Seminary Division Application Form
- Psychological evaluation by a psychologist experienced in testing candidates for the seminary. The testing center, or professional, must be approved by the school;
- One page account (as called for by the application) describing the candidate’s life, the candidate’s process of discernment of his priestly vocation and commitment to celibacy;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Letters of evaluation from the rector of each seminary previously attended;
- Letters of evaluation from any diocese or religious community with which the candidate was or is associated;
- Official certificates of candidate’s baptism and confirmation prepared within six months of the date of application, and a copy of the candidate’s parents’ marriage certificate;
- Medical certificate of good health, stating the candidate is able to undertake studies for the priesthood and is free from contagious diseases (this must be prepared by a licensed physician within six months prior to application); HIV and drug testing required;
- Academic transcripts of all post-secondary education, proof of the highest degree earned, and all standardized test results available (G.R.E. Institution code 3429). All must be official and issued directly to Holy Apostles Seminary;
- Criminal background check;
- Non-refundable application fee.
Once the application and all supporting documentation have been received and evaluated, candidates will be invited to visit Holy Apostles for individual interviews with the Rector and members of the Admissions Committee. The applicant will also meet with the Academic Dean who will evaluate his academic record and preparation, and with the Financial Aid Officer, if necessary, to determine how to finance his education if accepted. A recommendation on each applicant is made by the Admissions Committee to the Rector, who informs the candidate in writing of his decision.
During this year of discernment, it is the responsibility of the aspirant to pay for his education, either by loans or other means, and to provide for his health needs. The attire for aspirants is black trousers, black shoes, and a white shirt. Unlike pre-theologians and college seminarians, aspirants do not where a black tie.
Psychological exams and background checks are required of aspirants.
Certificate of Preparation
Some students who apply at a later age and do not have a Bachelor’s degree may, with the permission of their diocese or religious society, earn a Certificate of Preparation for Ordination for the Priesthood upon the satisfactory completion of four years of theology. All requirements for those in the certificate program are the same as those in the M.Div. program, including the philosophy pre-requisites. Candidates for the M.Div. degree must achieve and maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
Seminary Information Request Form
Alumni Spotlight: Mrs. Diana Moyet-Trerotola, 2012 Master of Arts in Theology "I am fortunate and blessed to have obtained my theological education from Holy Apostles College & Seminary. It has been an experience that continues to be fruitful in my ministry...
Holy Apostles College and Seminary has been awarded top-ranking status for its affordable tuition for 2021. EDSmart.org’s recently released listing of 2021 Most Affordable Online Masters Programs, ranked Holy Apostles #1 among Catholic institutions and #4 among others...
Holy Apostles College & Seminary located in Cromwell, CT, has a history of engaging science in light of our Catholic faith tradition. We are delighted to have recently received a grant, provided by the American Association for the Advancement of Science Dialogue...