Dr. Elizabeth B. Rex is a Research Faculty member and Director of the Office of Institutional Advancement at Holy Apostles College and Seminary. Dr. Rex converted to the Catholic faith while attending a Catholic high school in Guadalajara, Mexico. Dr. Rex was a pre-med major at Northeastern University in Boston before transferring and graduating from Barnard College in New York City. Dr. Rex then pursued a Masters and Doctorate in Philosophy at the University of Navarra (Spain), followed by an MBA from Baruch College (City University of New York). Dr. Rex has taught and has held administrative positions at many of our nation’s finest private schools, colleges, and seminaries including Columbia University where she was Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, and St. Joseph’s Seminary (Archdiocese of New York) where she was Special Assistant to the Academic Dean. Dr. Rex lives in Yonkers, New York with her husband, Charles Rex, a concert violinist with the New York Philharmonic, and their three children.
- MA, Ph.D., Philosophy (Thomistic Ethics), University of Navarra (Spain)
- MBA, Baruch College, City University of New York
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University
Publications & Conferences
- “Embryo Adoption and Conscience,” National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly (Colloquy), Volume II, No. 4, Winter 2011
- Conference: “The Adoption Option: Overcoming the Myths,” Holy Apostles College & Seminary, 11/21/09
- Conference: “The 150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address and the Right to Life,” Holy Apostles College & Seminary, 11/22/13
“IVF, Embryo Transfer, and Embryo Adoption,” National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly (Essay), Volume 14, No.2, Summer 2014.
“Embryo Adoption and the Bodily Relationship of Biological Mother and Child,” National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly (Colloquy), Volume 15, No. 2, Summer 2015.
- The Children First Foundation, Inc., President of the Board of Directors
- The John Paul II Bioethics Center, Holy Apostles College & Seminary, Assistant Director